Candy Bandit

Random Adventures from the mind of an incredibly stressed, slightly sarcastic, altogether insane young woman.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hyde Park, NY

I am a 28 year old wife & mother of two little girls - 3 & 1 1/2. I am constantly struggling with my junk food addiction, and have recently graduated to a mail order/box subscription addiction.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Part 2

The first mountain I climbed was on Sunday afternoon, July 23rd. The following Friday was a sad, sad day.

Casey, in his brilliance, planned a hike. To see the sunrise from Baker (.8). In his stupidity, he woke me up at 430am. I was not pleased. I believe I threatened a number of bodily injuries, and finally settled on throwing him off the summit.

He promised me coffee. There was no coffee to be found.

So the ascent was uneventful, we played rummy at the top, couldn't even see the sunrise because it was cloudy, and started down. We were feeling pretty good about ourselves, until we passed an older guy running up. running. up. AND he could manage to say good morning. crazy.

After that I went to work, and Casey drove home. End of Hike.

HIKE #3

This past Saturday Casey and I decided to hike Azure Mountain (1.0). I wasn't too excited because I hate to exercise, but Saturday turned out so beautiful I just couldn't sit at the camp doing nothing all day. We drove out to the mountain and started the hike, got passed by a family with little children, and made it to the top in an hour. We had some pineapple chunks, some pizza goldfish, and played rummy. On the way down we saw a snake. I am terrified of snakes. Here's Casey walking towards it like "hey there's something in its mouth! I wonder what it is?" and I'm like 20 ft away shaking uncontrollably and telling him to get moving. Not fun. So we keep going and Casey points out a spot that he almost fell at on the way up. No sooner does he say this than he biffs it. Hard. Mud everywhere. I freak out because I hate thinking someone is hurt. But we keep going and get to the car and we hear really louding thumping noises. It turned out to be a squirrel chucking pinecones out of a tree.


That was the end of the hike, I apologize for the lack of entertainment, but when I tried to throw casey over the side he protested. But at least there will always be a record of my displeasure at having to exercise in the log book at the Azure Mt Firetower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home